Sunday, April 27, 2008

Podcasts & Video podcasts

I find the video podcasts more appealing than the audio podcasts - been spoilt by television. I loved listening to the children's stories. Reminded me of listening to the radio storytimes as a child. I can see that this technology would be very useful to libraries .... children's stories, author talks, library news, staff training. A video podcast would be a great way of training the staff to use our new Library management system when it arrives. Managed to put an RSS feed to the Denver Library podcasts on this blog. Never know how I do it - just follow my nose!!

Actually making a podcast seems daunting. Read Steps to Adding a new Podcast from the Library Success wiki - seemed very complicated!

2 comments:

spyckk said...

Hi Nanna
You are obviosuly as excited by all this new technology as me. I can't wait until we put it all into practice.

slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

We are looking forward to seeing what applications libraries find for podcasts - particularly as broadband becomes more common.

Mylee (PLS)