Monday, April 7, 2008

Week 6 You Tube and Google video

I really enjoyed this week's activities. I found I already belong to Google video through my Google account - so I am ready to download if I want to. You Tube is easy to join as well though. Mosman library is certainly using this technology to advantage. I dipped into some of the author talks and was surprised at how long they were. Are there copyright or privacy restrictions to observe when adding author talks/oral histories to a library website? I will have to find out.

Creating and watching videos seem easy and fun and a good way to promote the library's resources. The fact that they can be short is good - it can convey the mesage you want in a very effective way. Whether personal,long,funny,academic, musical, a lesson, an introduction, a record of events, videos certainly have a lot to offer. I like the way Topeka...Library used kids and videos to "connect people to books". Art Express 2007 was good as well.

No comments: